I FIND the Internet fascinating as hell. Why? Because you’re able to quickly get an idea of what its tech-savvy population is thinking, simply by peeking web discussion forums regarding a multitude of topics. You just can’t get that on the idiot box (oops, I mean TV).
Go Mambogani go!
Today, I want to share with you a few web forums that I was peeking. The site I chose was Mambogani. Here’s a description of the site if you happen to browse one of their pages: “Mambogani Kenyan Portal – Forums, News, Chat, Kenyan Music Videos, Blogs, Photos, Kenya Business Directory, Free Kenya Classifieds.” If you’re looking to peek their excellent forums, just go here: http://www.mambogani.com/forums/
The good stuff
Anyhow, the following forum topics really piqued my interest, and I’m grateful to those peeps over there who created said discussion threads. After all, knowledge is power. Right?
- Kenya’s mobile phone revolution, video (great news, but mobile rates are still HIGHER than other EA neighbours!)
- GSM use and expansion in Kenya (great new GSM technology by 2 Kenyan entrepreneurs mentioned here)
- Google announces partnership with Kenya Education Network (Go Google go!)
- Biofuels could destroy the planet? (choose your source materials wisely…um, what about hemp?)
- Wangari Maathai – Planting the future
- Help on working and living in Kenya!!, Japanese female wanting to live and work in kenya permanently (a most excellent, excellent discussion)
- Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment
- THE ART OF IRRELEVANCE (why you should never believe political polls)
- Bush vs Chaves, ..check your sources Kenyan press (yet another reminder of why the Internet is my #1 source for info)
- Where are the hooded men?, A lament against insecurity… (great points!)
- The stupid Americans should apologise!! (a very fascinating discussion…seriously!)
If you run across any interesting discussion forums, please send me the links. I just might include them in an upcoming Web Forum Watch issue.